Finding the perfect pet sitter doesn’t have to cause stress!
Going on a vacation or even to work can be more relaxing when you know you have a responsible pet sitter for your furry friend. So, how to find the right pet sitter?
When finding a pet sitter can be challenging because they have to be trusted not only caring for your animal but also in your home as well. Finding the perfect sitter doesn’t need to be stressful. Try to take your time when choosing the right sitter for you and your dog.
Here are some tips on what to do to make it easy:
- Make a list of potential sitters.
- You can ask other friends with pets to see if they have any recommendations for a service or maybe one of their trusted family members/friends.
- Check online sources, there are websites that hire pet sitters or companies such as www.care.com, www.SitterCity.com, and even Angie’s list.
- Make a list of your needs and find a sitter who is qualified to meet those needs.
- Find a sitter that fits your budget.
Always conduct interviews in person.
When conducting the interview, you need to make sure you ask the right questions, have a list of questions ready to ask.
- Do you like pets, why do you like pet sitting?
- How long have you been pet sitting?
- Quiz them on what to do in an emergency?
- Have you had any specific training for dog health issues?
- Do you have insurance for pet sitting?
- Have you ever worked with a Veterinarian or Vet clinic?
- Do you have any references from other Pets you have cared for?
Once you have made a decision (if there is payment involved) write up a simple contract with a price that fits everyone’s needs.
It is very important to make sure to thoroughly check out your pet sitter before hiring them, always check their references and if they don’t have any keep looking. You can never be too careful when trusting someone with your pet or in your home. Happy hunting!
This article was written by Ashely Foglesong and Teresa Campbell, professional breeders.
Follow us on Facebook to learn more!